Friday, July 8, 2011

Grinding Granny

          During my time DJ-ing I have seen senior citizens pull some wild dance moves. But nothing can compare to what I had to deal with during a boat party last summer. I was standing next to my boss watching the crowed when I saw something that truly disturbed me. This skinny old lady was dancing in the crowed and pulling moves that, well, you wouldn't expect from a woman of her age. To make matters worse, I noticed that every so often she would look at me behind the DJ table.
          My boss noticed her looking at me and told me to go dance with her. I told him that there was no way that was going to happen. After a bit I noticed that she was just staring at me while she danced. I did my best to ignore her, but she started dancing towards me. "No, no, no" I just kept thinking to myself. She walked up to my side, wrapped herself around my right arm, and said to my boss "Hi, I just found found out I no longer have cancer. Can I dance with your friend here while you play It's Raining Men". "Oh God this isn't happening" I thought. "Yea sure honey" he answered "Have a good time with him". Holding my arm she dragged me away from the table and into the crowed.
          At first we danced on our own. This I could deal with. She danced on her side, I danced on mine, and there would be no physical contact. Unfortunately, this didn't last for very long. Next thing I know she turns herself around and starts grinding on me. This included the act of bending over and pressing up against me. It was an extremely uncomfortable position to be in.
          For some reason she starts telling me that I remind her of her grandson. I hope for his sake he doesn't know this side of his grandmother. If I ever saw my grandmother dancing like this I would be mortified. When it was over she gave me a hug and I went back to my post. This was not the last time I would have to deal with dancing with a wild grandmother. But because it was the first and most disturbing, it left the greatest imprint on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment