Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Canadian Boarder

          I think this story is perfect to tell after my last post. It all started during one of the camping trips I went on with Dave and his dad up north. On this trip we had a crowd of four since it was me, Dave, his father, and his fathers friend Hammer. While we were sitting around our campsite, Dave's dad asked us to go buy him another pack of cigarettes. So we hopped into the truck and drove off to find a store.
          We found a local shop and went in to see what they had. Unfortunitly, they didn't sell cigarettes, but they did tell us about another store we could buy them at. We got back in the truck and followed the road they told us to. As we drove we noticed that we had crossed the boarder into Canada, strangly there weren't any police watching the area.
          Eventually we made it to the store and were able to buy Dave's dad's preciouse cigarettes. After we bought two packs or so, we made our way back. As we drove we noticed that a line of cars were forming up ahead at the boarder. The police were now there and were checking people out before letting them cross into the US. So we sat in the line of cars waiting for our turn to go through.
          I than started laughing to myself "Hey Dave, wouldn't it be funny if we got up there and the officer asked us if we were going to America" I said "And in response I said to him si senor, we going to America to look for work". Dave didn't laugh "I swear to God Chris if you pull a stunt like that I will take that cops gun out of his belt and shoot you with it". I started laughing at his response as he continued "You just sit there and be quite. The last time you talked to an officer you got me and my car searched. The guy probably thought you were on some kind of drugs". My laughing eventualy started to calm down as we waited.
          All of a sudden a scary thought went through my mind. "Uh Dave" I said "What if Hammer accidently left his medicine in here?" Dave's eyes got big as the realization hit him. Hammer is a veteran that suffers from some kind of medical problem that I can't remember, to help him cope with the pain he is prescribed legal medical marijuana, he calls it his medicine. "It's OK" Dave said "I'm pretty sure he took it out of the truck with him". "But what if he didn't?" I asked "What if he left it somewhere in here?" "Look" Dave said "If anything happen's we'll call my dad and he'll be able to explain everything".
          We were getting closer to the boarder. "Oh great" I thought "We are so going to jail if it's in here and they find it. There is no way in hell they're going to believe our explination. As for the phone call, I suspect we won't be able to make that until after they have us locked up". This is why I have NEVER taken an illegal drug in my life. It can't possibly be worth the consequence if you get caught.
          Soon we approached the boarder and a patrol officer walked up to us. After looking through the window and in the truck bed, he asked Dave and I some questions. After he was done we were allowed to go through. I can't tell you how relieved I was when we made it. When we got back to the camp, we found out the "medicine" hadn't been in the truck and Dave's dad got his cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment