Monday, July 18, 2011

Burned Part 1

          Since I was seven years I old I have ridden a dirt bike. I was inspired to ride after seeing the movie Terminator 2, after that I wanted a motorcycle. So on Christmas day I received a Honda dirt bike for kids. From that day on I loved to take my bike out and have fun riding in our woods. During my long riding career I have gone through many accidents and crashes. I am going to share with you the most damaging accident I got myself into.
          My dad had always told be to make sure to wear long pants when I road, so if I fell my legs I would have some level of protection. Well one day I decided that I didn't want to waste my time putting on my jeans and went to ride with just shorts on. This was the first and last time I ever did this. While I was riding in our woods a friend of mine decided that he wanted to join me. The only problem was that he had a bicycle and so was kind of slow going around the trail.
          So we were riding around the woods and he was in front of me. For some reason he decided to stop right in front of me. Because I was riding on dirt, I would have still hit him even if I hit the brake. So I did my best to get around him, but I was too close and we clipped handlebars. I struggled to maintain my balance, but I ended up falling on top of my bike.
          I laid there for a second, annoyed that he had stopped. Than I felt a burning sensations on my left thigh. I looked down and saw that my leg was lying on the motor. I immediately went to pull my leg off, but my skin had melted to the motor. So I had to carefully pull myself off. It was like trying to pull off a pancake that was stuck to a frying pan.
          Eventually I was free, with a third degree burn on my leg. I didn't feel any pain because the nerves had been destroyed and I didn't bleed because the wound was cauterized. I looked over and saw that my friend was getting back up. He actually had the nerve to give me crap for hitting his bar. So he went back to his home, while I took my bike back to our shed. I than limped my way into the house. This post will be concluded with the awful healing process I had to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment