Friday, August 5, 2011

Disturbed and Korn Part 4

          After watching TV for a while my brother and I drove back to the campus for the show. The line to get in was ridicules. We grabbed a free coffee energy drink and wondered around for a while until we decided to wait in line for the show. When we got inside the concert I saw the stage that everyone had been working on was finished and ready to go. When I had got the tickets for my brother and I, there was the choice of being put up on the bleachers or we could stand on the ground next to the stage. I gave us the ground cause I wanted to be as close to the stage as possible.
          As the rest of the crowd poured in and we were all standing shoulder to shoulder, the opening band "In This Moment" started. They did a great job of getting the crowed pumped up for the main show. The next up to play were Sevendust. This is when the crowed started going crazy. Everyone was banging there heads, jumping around, and mosh pit's started forming. It was AWSOME! I haven't heard much of Sevendust's music in the past, but believe me they are good live. When they were done the next up to play was Korn.
          In my opinion, Korn had the greatest performance of anyone else at the concert. It may sound cheesy to put it like this, but when they came on stage, it was like a spell had taken hold of the crowed. Watching the band walk on was so surreal to me. I've been listening to these guys for years and now they were standing right in front of me. They had a flawless introduction which involved using the lights behind them to match the beats played. It seemed to have a hypnotizing affect on us that held our gaze.
          They than started off with the perfect song, "Blind". An energy seemed to spread through the crowed as everyone started going crazy. It was almost impossible to stand still because everyone was bumping into each other as we jumped around. We all became an army of crazy people, that wanted nothing more than to enjoy the music and go nuts. I LOVED IT! Korn also did an amazing job of maintaining some level of interaction with the crowed. I swear I could have stayed there all night and listened to everyone Korn song there was.
          But they unfortunately had to end eventually and the next to go on was Disturbed. Disturbed started out with some video for their introduction and moved into the song "Asylum". Again the fun started back up and we went nuts. While it was cool that they had a video going on behind them while they performed, I feel that the screen on the stage stole a bit of the attention from watching the band itself. Regardless, they did a mind blowing job. To finish they used my all time favorite song "The Sickness".
          As we all started leaving the floor I decided that it would be a waist of time to wait in the parking lot to get out so I took my younger brother up to the second floor where we sat on the bleachers while the crew started cleaning up. I saw the guy I had been hanging with earlier up on the stage helping out. Security eventually made my brother and I leave. As I was walking to my car I thought about how close I had come to getting the interview and decided to give it one last try. I than turned around and started heading for the back of the MAC building. I thought we might be able to catch them as they were walking onto their tour buss's. Some guy was in the lot and approached me and asked what I was doing? I showed him my News Pass and said we were hoping to catch the bands before they leave. After giving it some thought he told us that it wasn't a good time. So we said bye and left.
          While I never got to speak with the bands one on one I got to watch the show of a life time. Not to long ago I found videos online that people had taken of the show. Bellow is a link to a great video someone took of Korn's opening performance. I am not in the video. It was taken by another guy at the show who's profile name is "Rnflakexaxn". When you go to see the video I would greatly appreciate it if you commented on the page saying that I was the one that brought you there. Thank you.

Here is the link to the Korn video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwRDvzFXO9w

No comments:

Post a Comment