Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My First Car Crash Part 2

          Seeing the smoke coming out of the front of the car I thought there was a fire. Fearing that my friend could get hurt I yelled at her to get out of the jeep. As she jumped out the door, I went to open up mine. But it wouldn't open because part of it had been damaged from the tree. So instead I jumped over my  side console and went out the door she did. Once I was out I took a few steps back and looked at the damage.
          I walked to the other side of my jeep to see the huge dent it had received after smacking the tree. The dent covered the back left passenger door and took up a bit of the driver side door. I than started walking towards the road while looking at the spinning tire marks that had been imprinted on the grass. I walked up to the tree on the side of the road and saw the bark had been torn off where my jeep had hit. I was also able to see the tracks on the gravel, which gave evidence of my struggle to stay on the road.
          Looking back at my jeep, which was no longer smoking, I started thinking how only a few seconds ago everything was fine. But now because of this accident my life was going to change. By this time Dave had gotten out of his vehicle and was making sure my friend and I were OK. While we stood there trying to comfort one another some lady came driving down the road and stopped her car. After looking at what had happened she started accusing us of being reckless. I was in no mood to deal with this lady and go about explaining what had happened. Thankfully Dave stepped in and asked her to leave.
          Our friend than took out her phone and called the police, while I called my family to tell them what had happened. Once we had made our calls I started taking a walk down the road to take some time to think. I thought of all the bad things that could possibly happen because of this. My thoughts ranged from getting ticketed for the accident to the loss of money that had been invested in the jeep. Feeling the fear and panic build inside me I screamed with frustration. I wanted to either be dead or as far away from the scene as possible. I than bent down and started hammering my fist into the gravel. My knuckles started to bleed from the rocks but my adrenaline was going so fast that I was beyond feeling any pain.
          Dave stepped up to stop me and took me back to his car. We all waited to see who would get here first. My parents were the first to arrive on the scene. After making sure that my friends and I were OK they took a look at my jeep. After checking it out my dad started laughing. I guess it was his way of letting me know he was not angry at me for what had happened and wanted to lighten the atmosphere. Next the police arrived along with an ambulance. I didn't understand what the ambulance was for since none of us were hurt.
          It turns out that they needed the equipment to make sure my friend and I weren't hurt. Because I had a clean record the officers were nice enough to not give me a ticket for the accident and probably felt that what I had been through was punishment enough. After everything was taken care of my jeep was towed away, Dave and my other friend drove back to my house, and I went back home with my parents. This story will be concluded in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment