Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mower Madness

          This story is going to be a short one. It is about one of the times my father gave me the simple job of mowing the lawn. He pointed at a section of our yard and told my to stay away from it because it was muddy. After starting the mower he left me alone and went to go help my brother with his homework. I than put the mower into drive and took off. In less than a minute I got myself stuck in the mud. In an effort to get myself out I put the mower into reverse, but I only ended up digging myself deeper into the mud.
          At this time my dad was walking into the dinning room carrying my brothers papers. He looked out the window and saw me going back and forth in the mower while shooting mud everywhere. In anger he threw the papers on the floor and headed for the door. While sitting on the mower trying to roll it out of the hole I had made, I heard my dad's voice behind me. "YOU MORON!" he yelled at me while hanging out the door. He walked up to me and told me to drive forward while he pushed from behind. I was soon out and he left me to continue the job. I couldn't stop laughing about him yelling at me. I just thought it was hilarious how mad he got.
          Later that night we went to a party and while there my dad thought a good topic of discussion would be my mowing. "Only my son" he started "I specifically told him to stay out of the mud. Yet, sure enough I look out the window and see the tracks of the mower going straight into spot I told him to stay away from".

No comments:

Post a Comment