Sunday, June 5, 2011

My First Car Crash Part 3

          Arriving back at my house I met up with my two friends and we all went inside to hang out. Dave told me how scary it was for him to watch me lose control and that he felt a sense of responsibility for what had happened because it was his idea to go on our drive. I assured him that he was in no way to blame for what had happened. My other friend than decided that it was now time to call her mother explain what had happened.
          That was something that I was not looking forward to and is why I think the crash was so hard for me. Bad enough that the car was damaged, but I could have gotten a friend of mine hurt. I thank God that nothing happened to her. I'm so glad that the tree ended up smacking into my side instead of hers. Eventually my friends decided that it was time for them to go. After saying their goodbyes and telling me how sorry they were, they went out the door and left me to deal with my parents.
          As weird as it may be to say, if it was not for the losses and emotional stress that I went through it would have been a fun ride. On a final note, I eventually met the girls mother at a school event. When I first walked up to her I stood back a few feet. I thought to myself "This lady is going to kill me!". She opened up her arms to give me a hug, but I was still a bit cautious. Finally, I approached and hugged her back. It was great knowing that there was no hard feelings between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment