Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pulled Over Part 2

          After getting out of the vehicle, the officer asked me to walk to the back of the car so we could talk. He than asked me for my name. "Chris" I responded. "Do you have any illegal weapons on you Chris" he asked. WHAT! I thought to myself, is this guy serious. I was wearing a T-shirt and jeans, where was I going to hide a weapon. But I just responded with a simple "no". He than asked me to stand on the curb with Dave. The officer than told us to stay where we were while he searched Dave's car.
          While the cop went to look in Dave's car I started questioning Dave. "Dave" I asked "What's going?" "I don't know" he responded. "Why is he searching your car?" I asked. "I don't know" he answered. "You don't have anything on you do you?" I asked. "Chris" he said sternly "If you do not shut up I am going to murder you". So we both stood quietly and watched as the cop tore through Dave's car.
          After making a mess of things by flipping the seats and throwing papers around, he was convinced that we didn't have anything on us. He than walked up to us and wished us a good day. Not knowing what else to do we wished him a good day back and started fixing up the inside of the car. We than got in and drove off.
          I asked Dave what we did to get us pulled over in the first place. It turns out we were pulled over because a frame on Dave's license plate was covering up too much information. But we each had our own theories for why we were searched. I think it's because he had that bat of his in the back seat and the cop figured we were up to no good. Dave on the other hand thinks that we were searched because I questioned the cop about the reason we were pulled over. Either way, we were happy that everything turned out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment