Monday, May 23, 2011

Cheese Steaks

          This is about another incident that occured in Florida. My friend Dave and I were on our first trip alone from our parents and had spent our time at Universal Studios. On our last night we had returned from a theme park hungry and tired. In honor of it being our last night we decided that we were going to have a special dinner. We decided to order cheese steaks to be sent to our hotel. So while my friend went off to take a shower, I called up a local pizza joint.
          When I got the guy on the phone I asked that he please deliver an order of two cheese steaks to our hotel. After he told me how long the wait would be I hung up the phone. Dave eventually got out of the shower and asked me if I made the order. I told him that I had and that it would arrive soon. We soon got a call letting us know that the delivery man was down stairs. We put our money together and I ran downstairs to get our order.
          The man handed me two covered cardboard trays. I figured that our cheese steak was cut in half and had been placed in the box to help them fit better. I paid the man what was owed and quickly went back to our room. I gave Dave his portion of the change and we each sat down with our order in front of us. "This is it" we thought "our last big meal". We each opened up our boxes, savoring our cheese steak dinner. But after opening the lid we saw that it wasn't a cheese steak. It was something covered in breading with sauce on the side. "What is this?" we thought.
          We than broke open one of the pieces and saw cheese in the middle. Dave looked up and glared at me with a look of hate that I have never seen before. "Cheese sticks" he exclaimed. What?" I asked. "The guy on the phone must of thought you said cheese sticks because of the way you were talking" he said. "It's not my fault" I said "besides, the guy didn't speak very good english so he must have miss understood what I was saying". "Say cheese steaks" Dave said. "Cheese steaks" I replied. "It sounded like you just said cheese sticks" he answered. "No it doesn't" I answered back.
          Dave slapped his lid back down. "I have been starving since we got back and was craving these cheese steaks" Dave complained "but because of you all I have is a box of six cheese sticks and some sauce". "So do you not want them?" I asked. "YES" he nearly yelled "It is the only thing that we have to eat". So we just sat and ate our cheese stick dinner. As terrible a situation as it was, we still laugh about that night today.

No comments:

Post a Comment