Thursday, September 1, 2011

Worst Kind of Customer Part 1

          For this post I will be giving you a list of the top three worst kinds of customers my fellow workers and I have had to deal with while working at the movie theater. I am making this list up based on my own experiences, as well as from stories I've heard from others. As a fair warning some of you may find some of my choices to be offensive. But after years of work I cannot deny that when these people arrive, trouble tends to follow. With that out of the way I can begin.

          Coming in at number three we have Teenagers. I think it's fairly obvious why teens would be put on the list. The worst teens are the ones that try to act cool for their friends and do so by being rude, making a mess, and being loud while a movie is playing. Than after getting into trouble with us, they call mommy and daddy to complain. Thankfully the number of teens that cause this kind of trouble are few. And when they do cause a problem, they usually back down when one of us confronts them about what they are doing.

          In second place we have Senior Citizens. I tell you, there is no in between with old people. They will either be the sweetest customers you can have or they can make your life a living hell. If there is something they don't like, they won't hesitate telling you about it. Than they will continually harass you until you fix what is wrong, even if the problem can't be fixed. This includes things such as lighting, temperature, foods, drinks, bathrooms, smells, sounds, other workers, and other customers.
          I understand that at times these may be valid complaints, but when they are the only people complaining about something it becomes ridicules. If they feel that their movie theater experience hasn't met their expectations, they will ask to speak with one of the managers to let them know of their dissatisfaction. In many cases they have yelled at employees, other customers, and of course the managers.
          Lastly, in rare cases they have threatened to take legal action against us due to accidents that occurred because of their own lack of awareness. With all these problems I was strongly tempted to put them at number one. The only thing that saved them was that it is a 50-50 gamble that they will be a problem. My number one pick is almost guaranteed to bring some kind of trouble when they arrive. I will give you my number one choice in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment