Thursday, August 11, 2011

Facial Damage Part 2

          I found out that my sister was airlifted off the island in a helicopter and taken to a hospital in Atlantic City. I got a call from my mom saying that they had made it to the hospital and they were looking Chelsea over. It turns out that she didn't receive any brain or neck damage, but she did manage to break both of her cheeks. Now I don't know how you break both cheeks without breaking your nose but that's what happened. The doctors decided that she was good enough to be released the same day, so she was able to come home that night. Thank goodness for that because my sister doesn't like being in hospitals.
          When I finally got to see my sister it looked like she had been in a boxing match. The doctors had glued the cut around her eye shut and had given her ice to take down the swelling. Her boyfriend, who she had bitten, had to get the back of his head stapled so that his wound could heal properly. After the eventful weekend between my sister and I, my parents are absolutely exhausted. Right now she's in the recovery process and is so far doing well. On an interesting and even creepy note, this accident happened on the exact same date of last summer when my sister jumped out of a moving car and got herself banged up on the pavement. I may share that story another time, but I wasn't around for that one so I doubt I will.
          I'm pretty sure that on that date next summer my parents will have my sister kept in the house so she can't do anything to get herself hurt. Before I finish this post I thought it should be noted that Chelsea and I weren't the only ones in the family that managed to get hurt this summer. Our brother Nick managed to get a splinter lodged in the bottom of his foot and needed a doctor to cut it out. Our mom ended up tearing the cartilage in her knee. All this was pulled off in one summer. The funny thing is that this is our first summer at our new location on Long Beach Island. I wonder what the neighbors think of us so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment